- Book your aquatic rehabilitation appointment today!
- Call or text: (604) 780-2849
- Email: email@example.com
- Aquatic Centre Physiotherapy
- West Vancouver Aquatic Centre
- 2nd Floor, 2121 Marine Drive, West Vancouver, BC V7V 4Y2
Aquatic Rehabilitation is also considered active rehabilitation. This consists of one-to-one exercise therapy sessions in the pool.
Sessions can includes a combination of:
- Cardiovascular training
- Balance & co-ordination exercises
- Hands-on, manual therapy techniques.
Evidence-based research shows that:
- Water’s hydrostatic pressure decreases swelling.
- The buoyancy supports injured joints during stretching & strengthening.
- The gentle assistance & resistance of the water promotes healing & improved function without inflammation.
Research has shown aquatic rehabilitation can assist with healing & promote improved function to allow a faster return to daily activities.
The positive effects include:
- Cardiorespiratory strengthening
- Improved muscle strength, tone & flexibility
- Decreased swelling & improved circulation
- Improved balance & coordination
- Decreased arthritic pain
- Decreased lower back pain
- Lessens chronic pain
- Maintains bone density
- Stimulates psychological well being
Those who can benefit:
- Individuals with orthopaedic injuries
- Post-surgical patients including joint replacements, ligament repairs & abdominal surgeries
- People with neurological conditions
- Individuals in chronic pain programs
- Individuals in cardiac rehabilitation programs
- acphysio.com | (604) 780-2849
- $66 per 30 minute session
All rights reserved; no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, without prior permission. Copyright 2015.